Now this is an easy recipe and looks so delicious! It would be great for a week night dinner. I got this from the Rachel Schultz Site . The tomato sauce that is in the recipe should be jarred spaghetti sauce. I read her notes and their were other people that questioned the sauce. So get you tortellini, your sausage, and make some sauce - 20 minutes! Then you can eat!
ONE PAN, 20 MINUTE, SAUSAGE TORTELLINI
Author: Rachel Schultz
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 18 ounces tortellini
- Salt & pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook sausages about 5-7 minutes, until sausages are browned throughout.
- Add garlic and heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove sausages from skillet and slice into bit-size pieces.
- Return sausages to pan along with broth, tomato sauce, cream, and tortellini.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 12 minutes.