Tuesday, December 04, 2012

DIY Embroidery Pattern Printing

Hi Everyone! I was on Pinterest and saw this. First thought was I have to share this. What a great idea! When I opened it up, I saw it was from the Homegrown Hospitality Blog . Check it out.

DIY Embroidery Pattern Printing

Thank you for all of your comments and compliments on my "scrapple" style stitching. I love to stitch and while I will be the first to admit that I do not "follow" any rules or techniques on the correct way to stitch I will also say that I LOVE the way it is coming out with all of the textures and stitches and I even added some pink in last night !!?!!whhhaatttt???, I know!




Anyways, I know you can Google "how to transfer an embroidery pattern" but this is how I do it :

Supplies
Muslin
Freezer Paper
Scissors
Iron
Printer

1. Measure and cut a piece of freezer paper to measure 8 1/2" x 11 (just trace a piece of computer paper onto the freezer paper)





2. Place the freezer paper SHINY SIDE OF PAPER DOWN and iron the freezer paper onto the muslin. It will pucker a little bit. MAKE SURE THAT ALL EDGES ARE IRONED DOWN COMPLETELY. Trim to measure the 8 1/2" x 11



3. Place your piece into your printer the way you would typically place paper in and print out your image.



4. Remove the freezer paper



5. Attach an embroidery hoop



6. Stitch away!..be careful..it is addicting, well and even a bit harmful if you poke yourself as much as I do!



No comments:

Post a Comment