I saw this recipe on the Food Pusher Blog and thought - Wouldn't this be great for a party or even Easter - Yes!. So I copied it here. This recipe would give everyone an opportunity to have a "little taste" of a sweet without ruining their diet. I plan to use Pillsbury ready-made crust - I know, but it is so easy. Let me know if you try it and what you think.
Bite Size Banana Cream Pie
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 3/4 cups cold milk
- 2-3 bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 batch of pie crust (see recipe below)
- In a medium bowl, whisk vanilla pudding mix and cold milk for 2 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. (I'm not sure how long. Mine refrigerated overnight.)
- Whip heavy cream and powdered sugar into stiff peaks.
- Using either a pastry bag with an open star tip, or using a zip-top bag with about 1/4 inch of a corner cut off, pipe about half a teaspoon of chilled pudding onto each pie crust piece.
- Place a slice of banana on top of the dab of pudding.
- Then squeeze about 1 1/2 teaspoons of pudding onto each banana slice.
- Refrigerate the pies while you prep the whipped cream into another pastry bag (or the same one with the tip washed), and then pipe about 1 1/2 teaspoons of whipped cream onto each pie.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Makes...um...I'm not sure, but I'd guess about 3 dozen bite-size pies.