Saturday, February 09, 2013

2 Ingredient Cookies - Yep, only 2!


I saw this recipe today and thought "This is so easy!". And I like easy. Only 2 ingredients! Wow! And I have the 2 ingredients in my kitchen! And it is healthy! Double Wow! No feeling guilty eating these cookies!

I am going to make these cookies today. It is cold and windy outside. These cookies will warm up the house and put that beautiful cookie smell in the air. I can'it wait!

This recipe comes from the The Burlap Bag . This is the recipe from their site.



Yes. For real. Two ingredients. (Yes, you can add other things if you want… but you don’t HAVE to!) I made this up after seeing a “healthy breakfast cookie” that wanted me to add eggs, applesauce, baking soda, etc and I said NO!

And also, I hate those “two/three ingredient” recipes where one of the ingredients is a boxed cookie mix. and the other is a can of pie filling. CMON PEOPLE.

Ingredients:

2 large old bananas
1 cup of quick oats

Mix those two together. Old bananas are amazing for this, but you can use fresh ones too. I buy a bunch of bananas, let them get old on my counter, and then stick ‘em all in the freezer.

Then add in what sounds yummy to you! (or nothing!) We love:
-a handful of chocolate chips
-crushed walnut pieces
-cinnamon
-raisins

Since all bananas are different sizes, the needed measurements can vary. If it seems too runny and the cookies would flatten out too much, add in more oatmeal. And make sure to not add in TOO many mix-ins as the cookies won’t hold together very well. The ones in these photos have a handful of chocolate chips, a teaspoon or two or cinnamon, and 1/4ish a cup of crushed walnuts.

We made 16 cookies with those measurements. We cook them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes on a GREASED cookie sheet. Don’t forget the greased part…. I did once and had to scrub my pan forever.

pre-mixing.
post-mixing. You can still see the chunks of ‘nanas.
pre-cooking.
post-cooking. check out those walnut chunks!
These cookies taste most amazing right out of the oven. But still great later. I wouldn’t even know if they taste great 2 days later because they’ve never lasted that long.

Sometimes we’ll make 16 “cookies”. And we’ll eat them all for lunch. I know what you’re thinking… WOW lauren you’re gonna be 500 pounds if you keep eating 8 cookies. But think about what went in these cookies! If I ate 8 cookies, I’ve had: 1 banana, 1/2 cup of oats, and half a handful of chocolate chips and walnuts. Amazing. Leave out the chocolate chips and they are all health.

No comments:

Post a Comment