Saturday, January 07, 2012

2012 is here and the holidays are gone!

Now that the flurry of shopping for presents and decorating the house (although I hardly did any) and making cookies, now I can sit back and start to sew again. I have quilts to sew but haven't been able to get going on them. There are two things that I am interested in: Japanese Patchwork quilting and sewing small pocket bags. I saw the results of the Japanese patchwork on another blog and really liked it. I bought some books on it and am anxious to get started. I have included an example of it in the picture.


The other project that I am excited about is the pocket bags or small bags. I saw this on TV when Nancy from Nancy's Notions was showing how to make it. I now have the pattern and the zippers. I will put a picture of the purse when I finish. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment